Persons with disabilities
The Ministry works on providing special care services to some social groups that need care and rehabilitation. Among these groups are persons with disabilities. Hence, there are numerous programs and activities provided to those groups in order to enable them attain self-reliance in running their daily affairs without the need to rely on others. This is achieved through availing the proper environment to achieve social integration and offering the necessary programs and services to help these groups adapt with their natural situation and achieve their ambitions like any other social groups. These groups are given care and rehabilitation by a number of institutions in accordance with a number of regulations and legislations.
Laws and Regulations
- The Disabled Care and Rehabilitation Law issued by the Royal Decree No. 63/2008
- The International Agreement for the Rights of the Disabled accredited by the Royal Decree No. 121/2008
- The organizational statute for establishing disabled rehabilitation centers issued by the Ministerial Decision No. 124/2008
- Disabled card issuance statute issued by the Ministerial Decision No. 94/2008
- The National Committee for Disabled Care issued by the Ministerial Decision No. 1/2009 headed by the Minister and the membership of a number of the Excellences the Undersecretaries of the concerned ministries, a representative from the private sector, a representative from the disabled rehabilitation centers and a representative from the disabled. The Committee shall assume its authorities stated in article No. (14) of the disabled care and rehabilitation law.
- The specialized sub-committees emerging from the National Committee for Disabled Care: They are 8 sub-committees that were formed in pursuant with the Ministerial decisions. They are headed by the excellences of the Undersecretaries of the concerned ministries except for the health services committee and the financial affairs committee. These committees are (the education committee, rehabilitation, training and employment committee, transport and communication committee, health services committee, appropriate environment committee, sports committee, media committee and the financial affairs committee).
- Form the observation committee on the national level to enhance and activate the International Agreement on the Disabled Rights in pursuant with the Ministerial decision No. 124/2010