In this regard, the Ministry’s concern is represented by the undertaking of number of procedures. The most important ones are as follows:
- Issue the Omani Sign Dictionary
- Implement training courses for rehabilitation on using the sign language on the level of the Sultanate
- Sign interpretation for seminars and conferences
- Provide an interpreter upon request for the competent service authorities that look into matters relating to persons with hearing disabilities such as the Ministry of Justice, Public prosecution, Royal Police of Oman, etc.
- Coordinate with specialists in the Ministry of Information to provide sign interpretation for news bulletin, national, social and health programs in the Sultanate of Oman TV
- Effectively participate on the Arab and regional levels in the workshops on preparing the specialized sign dictionaries like the Islamic Dictionary